International Conference “Higher Education in Ukraine: Internationalization, Reform, Innovation”
Kyiv (Ukraine), Apr. 20-21, 2012
In order to mark the 20-th Anniversary of the Fulbright Program Activities in Ukraine, an International Conference on higher education is organized in Kyiv. The goal of the conference is to critically assess the past, present, and future of higher education in Ukraine within the context of international education trends of European and former Soviet and socialist states.
Key topics to be discussed at the conference are:
• University governance and educational policy
• From teaching universities to research universities
• Inclusive education/special education for people with special needs in Ukraine
• Standardized testing (for admissions, assessment of learning outcomes, etc.)
• National qualifications framework
• Introduction of PhD programs (in Ukraine and other post-socialist countries)
• Employers’ involvement in higher education
• University ratings and rankings
• The role of foundations and /or NGOs in educational reform
• Contributions of exchange programs (Fulbright and others) to higher education
A number of experts from Ukraine, Poland, the United States of America, United Kingdom, Russia, France, Austria, Czech Republic, Georgia, Slovakia and other countries will take part to the conference. Greetings to conference participants will be presented by the US Ambassador to Ukraine John F. Tefft and president of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine Vasyl Kremen.
How to participate to the Conference
Registration is open until April 15, 2012 on the conference website www.EducationConferenceUA2012.org.ua. Conference registration fee is 100 UAH (registration on the 1st day) or 75 UAH (registration on the 2nd day) to be paid at conference registration upon arrival. You will receive conference materials, access to coffee-breaks and reception.
Students are not required to pay the registration fee.
Organizer and Partners
Information & contacts
Director, Fulbright Program in Ukraine