First International Conference for Young Scholars of Russian Studies:
Alternatives, Turning Points and Regime Changes in Russian History
May 19-20, 2014.
Submission of abstracts: February 28, 2014
The conference is organized by the Center for Russian Studies’ Doctoral Program at the Eötvös Loránd University in Budapest. We invite graduate students and postdoctoral researchers from the field of history, social sciences, law and all other fields of humanities to participate in the conference.
The aim of the conference is to provide an opportunity for dialogue between young researchers from different countries and cultures to discuss the “eternal questions” that have divided Russian and European scientific and popular opinion for centuries. Is Russia a part of Europe? Can the Russian system only be reformed from above? What are the “original characteristics” of Russia’s development? Is Russia still a great power? Are there any lessons learnt from Russia’s history that are still relevant today?
The conference provides a platform for participants to share and discuss their ideas and the results of their research in an interdisciplinary forum.
– Submission of abstracts: February 28, 2014
– Please transfer the registration fee (30 Euros) by April 7th to this account:10402166-49565551-57541019; IBAN: HU30 1040 2166 4956 5551 5754 1019; SWIFT: OKHBHUHB (Alapítvány az Orosz Nyelvért és Kultúráért – Foundation for Russian Language and Culture), with the subject line: rusconf2014.
Guidelines for Applicants:
– The abstract should be prepared in MS Word format (Times New Roman 12; 1,5 spaced) and submitted to rusconf2014@….
– The language of your abstract should be English or Russian.
– The abstract should be no more than 2000 characters (approximately 300 words).
For further information and to download application and style sheets, please visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/YSRS.Hungary,